Driver and load liability risk travels with you, and you need coverage that hangs on for the whole ride. Even if you’re using a personal pickup truck, you shouldn’t rely on personal auto coverage or the cheapest coverage you can find. Truckers have a few additional liabilities to consider.
Don’t get skipped for jobs because of improper insurance. Most MSAs (Master Service Agreements) and contracts want proof of insurance with certain minimums to consider you for a job. MSA’s often transfer various legal liability issues to the trucker that go beyond the minimum insurance requirements. Because of these transfers of risk, it’s good business to have an insurance advisor to help you offset your risk.
The basics could get you moving, but it likely won’t cover the risk and liability gaps most truckers face. We’ll help customize the right options for you, such as a risk review of your company’s liability exposures.
- Debris removal - helps with the cost to clear and remove debris after a covered accident
- Pollution - accidental discharge or release of transported hazardous materials (including production water)
- Loading or unloading freight - helps with costs from cargo damage while loading or unloading
- Towing and storage - helps with costs for towing and storing your truck and equipment after an accident
- Your use of Non-Owned Trailers
- Umbrella/Excess Liability policy – can extend coverage over existing policies
What is needed to get a proposal
Be ready to discuss the factors that might affect your coverage, like:
- Gross vehicle weight rating (GVRW) of trucks
- Commercial driver’s license (a CDL might lower your rates)
- Driving record and claims
- DOT and MC numbers (where required)
- Travel haul area
- Hiring practices
Give us a call for a quick review
We’ll get your policy review on the road so you can get back to business with confidence. We’re here to help create a bumper-to-bumper solution to protect you from trucking liability gaps.